Conference Programme Day 1
Monday 5 December 2016 - Hilton Park Lane
Opening of the Conference
Session 1: Ministerial Keynote Session
10:15 - 11:00
Networking Coffee Break & Official Ministerial Tour of the Kurdistan Oil & Gas Showcase
14:15 - 15:45
Session 3: Oil & Gas Infrastructure Development, the Catalyst for the Region’s Development
Dr Hallo AskariHSE Advisor, Ministry of Natural ResourcesKurdistan Regional Government, Iraq
Ian McIntoshMinistry of Natural Resources Technical AdvisorKurdistan Regional Government, Iraq
- Assessing the impact of oil prices on the oil and gas infrastructure projects
- Reviewing the infrastructure investment and the government plans to promote growth
- What is the role of the private sector in supporting Kurdistan oil and gas development?
- Identifying the challenges for the field development plans
- Creating further opportunities for local companies
- Upgrading the existing refineries to meet future demand
- What are the biggest barriers for investment in developing industry infrastructure
- What are the economic benefits of the pipeline network? Risk of transportation of oil by tankers
- Waste management systems and new technologies
- What are the benefits of building long term development plans and the impacts on the local job market?
15:45 - 16:25
Networking Coffee Break – Speed Networking Session
Join us for 40 minutes of intense speed networking, meet potential clients, qualify business opportunities and expand your business network!
16:25 - 17:30
Session 4: Kurdistan’s Electricity Infrastructure; Innovation, Progress & Plans
Hoger ShalliDeputy Minister of ElectricityMinistry of Electricity, Kurdistan Regional Government, Iraq
James ParksSenior Economic Advisor, Council of MinistersKurdistan Regional Government, Iraq
Prof. Dr Friedbert PflügerChief Executive OfficerPflüger International Consulting, KGE - Kurdish-German European Business Alliances GmbHDirectorEuropean Centre for Energy and Resource Security (EUCERS)
- Identifying the role of private capital in developing the next generation of infrastructure
- What innovation and new trends are we seeing today?
- How more value could be created in the power sector? Renewables infrastructure, gas to energy and solar power projects; international case studies
- Exploring the needs for energy storage and smart grid, hydro and thermal energy
- How do gas projects stimulate investment in electricity sector?
- Unlocking the global market to serve Kurdistan needs for gas turbines, steam turbines, generators and power plant services
- Unleashing the capacity in Kurdistan for more projects, how to make the new projects attractive for investment?
- Assessing the bottlenecks and identifying the solutions
End of the Conference Day One
Evening Function: 6th Kurdistan-Iraq Oil & Gas Networking Reception & Gala Dinner
Sheraton Grand Park Lane Hotel (Ballroom Entrance on Piccadilly Road)
Address: Piccadilly, Mayfair, London W1J 7BX (5 mins walk from the Hilton)