Kurdistan-Iraq Oil & Gas Conference
The 4th Kurdistan-Iraq Oil & Gas Conference, run by The CWC Group, will take place between 30 November – 3 December 2014 in Erbil, Kurdistan. The internationally renown Conference attracts over 850 executives from the energy industry, as well as senior diplomats from across the world.
In 2013 the conference proved to be the largest and most prestigious within the region featuring over 45 speakers, 46 sponsors, as well as Workshops, Conference Sessions and a Site Visit.
Key Kurdistan-Iraq Oil & Gas Conference 2013 highlights:
- The Conference was officially opened by the Kurdistan Prime Minister H.E. Nechirvan Barzani. In his opening remarks, Prime Minister Barzani highlighted Kurdistan’s contribution to the global energy market and reiterated Kurdistan’s commitment to the Iraqi constitution in the Region’s dealings with Turkey.
- Deputy Prime Minister H. E. Dr Rowsch N Shaways emphasised the importance of the oil and gas industry for economic recovery in the region; whilst the Turkish Energy Minister, Taner Yildiz expressed a wish to start a tri-lateral cooperation scheme to maximise the oil and gas potential.
- H.E. Dr Ashti Hawrami, Minister of Natural Resources, KRG, also highlighted the successes that have been achieved over the past year whilst outlining what next year’s targets would be for the industry.
- The Award Gala Dinner sponsored by Chevron closed day one; attended by 450 Ministers and delegates including Kurdistan Prime Minister H.E. Nechirvan Barzani, the evening was a celebration of individuals and companies who have excelled in their contribution to the Kurdistan oil and gas industry. Click here to see the award winners.
- Closing remarks from Michael Howard, Senior Advisor to the Minister of Natural Resources, H.E. Dr Rowsch N Shaways; and H.E. Imad Ahmed Sayfour, Deputy Prime Minister, KRG.
- Marathon Oil Corporation hosted the Closing Networking Drinks Reception
- A site visit to the Khormala Zone sponsored and run by KAR Group took place on 4th December, concluded the 2013 conference.
“Here I would like to thank in my name and on behalf of the KRG, the oil and gas companies working in the Kurdistan Region who, with full confidence have come here and invested with their own capital to search for oil”
H.E. Nechirvan Barzani, Prime Minister of Kurdistan
Industry Leading Speakers for Kurdistan-Iraq Oil & Gas 2013:
To Find Out More About the 2014 Conference
Contact the Kurdistan-Iraq Oil & Gas Team