Conference Programme Day 2
Tuesday 6 December 2016 - Hilton Park Lane
09:00 - 09:10
Opening Remarks & Keynote Speech
09:10 - 10:30
Session 5: Kurdistan’s Gas: Potential & Opportunities
- Assessing Europe’s long term gas strategy: is Kurdistan as a possible supplier?
- Examining the upcoming projects
- What can be done to facilitate the coordination of investment projects?
- Reviewing gas infrastructure requirements
- Exploring future domestic gas demand
- Structuring future Industrial deals around gas
- Matching investment requirements with the right projects
11:00 - 13:00
Session 6: Creating Value through Large Projects; Evaluating Kurdistan Oil & Gas Investment Strategies
Ahmed MuftiMinistry of Natural Resources, Kurdistan Regional Government, Iraq
- Reviewing innovative funding models
- Unlocking the opportunities for project financing and the role of the private sector
- To what extent are the dynamics of different funding sources supporting the project’s execution?
- Assessing Kurdistan’s exports; crude oil trading
- Understanding Kurdistan’s revenue fund laws
- Banking regulations in the Region and the demand to drive growth
- Exploring the reforms in the Kurdistan finance sector and driving local content to create sustainability
- Reviewing subsidies and the future plans
- With rising costs; how to make the right investment?
- Highlighting the Kurdistan oil and gas operators vision
14:30 - 16:30
Session 7: Concluding Ministerial Panel
- Empowering the national knowledge to succeed and ensure wealth creation in the long term
- Structuring a strong oil and gas industry by the development of local supply chain